About the Mann blog
- 5 ways to combat ADD using your smartphone
- 5 ways to combat ADD using your smartphonePosted 7 days ago
There's no shortage of articles and explanations about how smartphones are causing serious focus or attention problems - but if you are prone to be forgetful or lose focus, thereâ€¦
- 4 ways to avoid your phone system crashing.
- 4 ways to avoid your phone system crashing.Posted 41 days ago
Your phones are down.Â Phone outages occur in nearly every small business, and here are 4Â ways you can reduce the likelihood or impact of an outage.
1) First, expect to have issuesâ€¦
- Islands are great for vacation, not corporate data
- Islands are great for vacation, not corporate dataPosted 77 days ago
Try this simple exercise: pretend one of your employees changes their name from Jennifer to Jessica.Â How many places do you need to make that change?Â Payroll? HR portal? Timesheets? Job assignments?â€¦
- Your best client
- Thereâ€™s a problem with your best clientPosted 96 days ago
Your best client. You know, the one that'sÂ kind, polite, patient, appreciative, punctual, generous, understanding, and empathetic.Â
You love seeing them. You ask yourself (and your coworkers) why everyone can't be likeâ€¦
- Should is an awful word.
- Should is an awful word.Posted 112 days ago
You should brush your teeth more.
You should exercise more.
You should pay your electrical bill.
Wait a sec. Those are all normal "should" but the electrical one isn't. Why? Oh, that's right.â€¦
- Don't underestimate customer details
- Why Starbucks REALLY wants to know your namePosted 118 days ago
You might think that name the Starbucks employee writes on your cup is so they can call out your name or avoid having someone pick up the wrong beverage fromâ€¦
- New Year? Change ALL your passwords
- New Year? Change ALL your passwordsPosted 139 days ago
Yes, all of them. No, you say, that's going to take too long. It won't be immediate, but just google "identity theft" and you'll find the time is well spent.
- Death by a million tiny mistakes
- Death by a million tiny mistakesPosted 163 days ago
The coupon drew me in. 25% off any lunch item. So I ordered my chicken sandwich and chose my side, turkey chili.
Tried to pay the woman who took my order,â€¦
- The chopped salad is just ok
- The chopped salad is just okPosted 188 days ago
Customers begin a sales process with skepticism. Their job is often to sort out the facts from the fiction, and because the salesperson's interests aren't always aligned with the customer,â€¦
- Company Outages and Cloud
- Living in the age of outagePosted 196 days ago
Many small business owners are reluctant to put their data in the cloud, fearing security breaches, data loss, and system-wide outages.
How can you prepare or prevent this?
You can't completely preventâ€¦
Welcome to Mann Consulting’s blog.
We wrote this for two audiences: IT people who aren’t “feeling the love” from the people they’re supposed to be helping.
And the people that aren’t “feeling the love” for the IT people that are frustrating them so much. Â We know how hard IT managers work, and how tough it is to get respect, understanding, reasonable deadlines, and appreciation. And we know how much they also alienate the people they’re SUPPOSED to be helping.
These are excerpts from an upcoming book about this topic – pleaseÂ Â let us know your feedback and if this content is useful to you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org